Popular Posts

Thursday, March 19, 2015

What will I say?

Dear Lord,

On Saturday, I get to participate in the Diocesan Youth Rally for all the junior high and high school kids of the Diocese of Kalamazoo. It's gonna be great. We usually have great speakers, and good energy, and lots of old friends that I've met through the years that I see so seldom.

I'm excited to be among friends.  I'm excited to be among sisters and brothers in Christ.  I'm excited to get to present facets of our faith with the young church.

And NATURALLY, I'm a little nervous.

I know what I want them to come away with.  I know how I plan to get them there, but it really isn't about what I want or what I plan to do.  It's all about what YOU want to do, Lord.  Please lead me in the right direction.

Help me know what YOU want me to say.  In Luke 12:12, you said, "For the holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.”   I'm counting on that.  I've also read up on our subject, but I'm only here to be YOUR mouthpiece, sharing YOUR thoughts and YOUR message.

Please soften their hearts so they won't see me as "some MOM trying to tell them how to live their lives."  Cover their eyes so they don't see me as a weirdo and see that I am still the awkward teenage version of myself inside, zits, braces, perm and all.  Please open their hearts so they won't see me at all, but only the YOU inside of me.  Please fill their hearts (and mine) with your love.  Help us SHARE you and become one in you.

Help us all fall gloriously in love with you for the first time, or again.

In fact, please don't wait until Saturday.  Allow us all to fall in love with you again right now.

(Smiling!) Just like that!

Love,

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment