Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Dag Nails It.

  • Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for. --Dag Hammarskjold

Sweet Jesus,

I HAVE found something to live for, and something great enough to die for.  I have found something worth spending my every waking moment on.  It is my life's work, and will be my greatest legacy when my time is through.  I strive to infuse it into my every action, thought and word. It's both the easiest thing I've ever done, and the most difficult.  It comes naturally, and sometimes must be learned, practiced and perfected.  

It's Love.  

I want to love and be loved by everyone I meet.  I want to show others that you love them, and that they are worthy of your love.  I think in this way, in the tiniest way, my younger self is healed.  Perhaps as I share this love with others, it will save someone from feeling how I felt.  It's not like I wasn't told, I just didn't feel valued.  Now I know, and I'll gladly spend my days sharing this information.  I pray that you'll make me a gifted teacher, and give me a lifetime full of students to teach about your love.  Help me find a million ways to show it.  Help me to reach those who struggle to learn, so that together, we can bring them to a knowledge and experience of you.    


Help me to love better.  Help my words to be true and honest.  When my words are unkind, let it be for the greater good, or keep them in my mouth.  Help me to read and remember the words of Dag Hammarskjold, "In the faith which is "God's marriage to the soul", you are one in God, and God is wholly in you, just as, for you, He is wholly in all you meet. "

Please help me to see your beautiful face in all that I meet.  Help me to love them as I love you, wholly.  

Love, 

Me

  

No comments:

Post a Comment