Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Love texts

Dearest Lord,

This is our 15th love letter we're sharing since Lent began.  I have to admit that some evenings, it seems strange to write to you.  Not because I don't love you.  I TOTALLY love you.

It just seems strange to write to you because we've been talking all day.

I feel you smile at me.  I see your love in the faces of the school kids.  I catch the funny things you show me, and the little jokes we share.  It's like we're texting love notes back and forth all day!

Did you see that kid just eat his booger?
Oh, yeah!  Isn't he precious?  
Precious?  ROFL! That's so gross!
LOL Yeah, but he's the apple of his mother's eye!
I see your point!

And then later in the day:
Look at that little guy!
Who?  The quiet one with the angry eyes

Yes!  He needs you to see him.
Oh I see him, alright.  I just saw him smack the kid behind 
him and smirk.  Then I saw him saying horrible words to 
the little girl in front of him. He just can't seem to pull 
himself together.  
No, not that.  He needs you to SEE him.  Know
that he's there, and care that he's there.
  Show him my love.  He doesn't know his 
own value, and he needs you to show him

My pleasure, Lord. It's what I do!
I love you, daughter.
I love YOU! 
No, I love YOU!
Infinity!
Ha!  You have no idea what that REALLY means!
Silly girl!
(Smile!) 

I see the sun setting, and I smile at you.  I see the way the sun shines on the layer of ice that covers the snow, making a yard look like a lake, and I send you a silent 'wow'. 

I look into the eyes of my daughter (or any of my beloved children, for that matter), and can't even find the words to say to you.  "Thank you" doesn't even begin to cover it!  

We're in constant conversation.  I pray that you will ALWAYS be with me.  I look forward to being with you forever! I love you so much!

Love,

Me









    


No comments:

Post a Comment