Popular Posts

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Surrounded with Love!

Dear Sweet Lord,

Today was so very wonderful!  I just kept seeing you everywhere, and the ones you love with you!  I saw you in my family, and I saw them love you.  THEN I saw you in Mass.  Next, I listened to my students tell how their lives were impacted by others who lived lives of heroic virtue because of their love for you.  It was amazing.

Then we went to Ministry with Community and served dinner and played Bingo.  I love it there.  I love the people, and I love the community.  It's like our friend Treagie said, 'Girl, you KNOW you home!" It does feel like home, visiting my brothers and sisters and being with our people.  They really go out of their way to make sure everyone is loved and valued, and it's not a policy or a mandate.  It's just who they are.  I don't know what events came to pass that brought Treagie to Kalamazoo, but I thank God for him. We had wonderful conversation.

And then there's my dear friend Denita.  What an incredible beautiful lady.  She has the biggest heart of anyone I've met, and she puts that love into how she runs her kitchen.  She's got that kind of mother-heart that turns love into food, and won't allow anyone to go away hungry.  She advocates for the dignity of all people, supplying plates of food to those who were driven to search through the trash for food.

Dignity. Self-respect.  Love.  That's what they give, out of the depth of their hearts. We've all had those moments when each of these was in short supply, and it lands us in the mission, seeking help.  Today, I wasn't there to provide anything to anybody.  I needed a refill. Selfish, I know, but I needed to be cared for, and you did that!  You sent Denita to feed me, and Treagie and Jamar to talk with me and be glad I was there.  You sent Robert to look out for my safety, and Diane to look forward to playing Bingo with me.  I know there were some things I provided, but what I received was so much more.

That's just the way you are.  You bless me with beautiful people and experiences.  You bring me home everywhere I go!

Love,

Me

     

No comments:

Post a Comment