Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Buffering...

Dear Lord,

Harriett and I are trying to watch Downton Abbey, and we're getting rather peeved.  Every so often, the disc stalls, then when it comes back on, the words don't match up to the actors' lips moving.  It's really irritating.  Then every so often, it will seem to hit a bump and the lips will start matching up again. It totally gets in the way of the story.

Then it hits me.  I do the same thing to you all the time.  Our love story will be sailing along with our twists and turns, and lovely scenery and bang!  I freeze up.  I stop in mid-motion, mid-word and stick there, motionless.  (Frequently with an odd look on my face.)  When I start moving again, my words don't match up to what I really feel.  My actions don't match who I truly am inside, and it's completely distracting to our love story.  We don't fit, and we seem disoriented and confusing.

Then you intercede, and pop!  We're right as rain again.  You have put me back to the way I was intended to be.  You're ready to present our love story to the world in a way that is coherent and beautiful.

You already know how the whole video will play out.  You start the story, and let me make my choices, but you already know there are some spots when I will not trust your will for me, and I may choose something outside your will. Those are the times when the picture freezes up, and the screen says "BUFFERING".

What a funny word.

It truly IS in these times that you are buffering me.  Buffering me from some possible outcomes that I REALLY can't live with.  Buffering me from the pain and consequences I don't yet foresee.  You truly are the cushion that buffers me from that which is not yet "fully loaded" into my life. (And maybe shouldn't be uploaded at all.  

You always know what's best for me.  Thank you for loving me enough to be my bufferer!

Love,

Me  


No comments:

Post a Comment