Popular Posts

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Words of a Legend!

Beloved Creator,

I heard this song by John Legend, and it makes me think of you. Sometimes I feel just like

My head's underwater, But I'm breathing fine. 
 You're crazy and I'm out of my mind.

Not that I'm saying you're crazy, but from a human standpoint, the fact that you love me into existence every single day when I am a weak, frail, sinful, human is mind-boggling.  The fact that you love me like you do is just overwhelming.  And when he gets to the chorus, I believe he sings your words:

'Cause all of me 
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning (because on your own, you neither begin OR end!)
Even when I lose I'm winning
Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh

You gave me all of you on the cross.  You give me all that I need every single day.  You made all of my curves, and I sharpen my edges with cruelty and anger.  You smooth them out again with your soft caresses of love.  You fill me with wonder and awe.  You show yourself in each and every love song, and fill my heart with so much love that it can't even beat properly.  You allow my eyes to see the beauty in the people you surround me with until my love for them overflows in tears.  Then I get my red blotchy cry-face, but even that doesn't bother you.

How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too

And sometimes the tears come because the pain or sadness I see in my loved ones is just too much.  I see unfulfilled dreams, and broken promises.  I see hope die a little and hearts break. I watch people grieve for friends they loved, and for children that didn't get to be born.  I see them ache for the babies they are not yet expecting, but that are so loved and wanted and hoped for. Even though every choice is yours to make, I still don't understand.  And when I ask you why, you answer with John Legend's words again.

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh
Give me all of you, 

I'm trying to give you all of me, Lord.  I gladly give you my very best bits!  I'll even give you
my blotchy face, my sketchy trust issues, my crazy heart, my weird sense of humor, my crooked face, and all the messy parts I'd rather not share.  I'll give it all to you, because you are MY end and MY beginning, and anything I lose to be with you, I win so much more.  I'll give you ALL of me for even a tiny little loving shining part of you!

Thank you for loving me!

-Me


No comments:

Post a Comment