Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

How to Start?

How do I write a love letter to God?

It seemed like a good idea, but now that I'm trying to write it, I don't really know how to start.  I mean, do I go formal, like, "Dear God, how are you?  I'm doing well.  And I love you!"  Wow.  Bad.  I could try to be all casual, like this:  "Hey God, Wassup?  Just me, Amy."  I'm not that cool.  Sheesh!

It's kind of like trying to pray for the first time, or the first time in a long time.  It's just tough to start, and then before you know it, it's easy again.  Just two old friends talking. Remembering the good times, and the not so good times.

Remember those moments, Lord?

Do you remember the times you were alone and friendless? Do you remember being battered and broken and literally left hanging, waiting to die...alone?  I wasn't there for you. I denied you, and walked away when you needed me most. I was too ignorant to see how it may as well have been ME that drove those nails into your precious damaged body.  

I WAS SO WRONG!!!  My love wasn't enough to save you. But your love is a different story.

YOUR love is the only thing strong enough to save me.  YOUR love broke through when I was alone and friendless.  YOUR love pulled me through when I was battered and broken and left hanging...waiting to die...alone.  You were always there.  Always.  You took my hand, and took my place. You stood in the gap between me and the deep dark emptiness, and loved me.  You REALLY love me.

This fact astounds me, and amazes me, and makes me love you all the more. It makes me all the more sorry and all the more grateful.   It makes me want to love you better, and share that love with the World.

But first I want to share it with you, Lord.

Sincerely,
Your beloved.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment