Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Grenade (Fault in Our Stars)

Dear God,

I'm watching a movie called "The Fault in Our Stars" about some teens dealing with cancer.  It really has some touching things to say, but I've been most captivated by the  "grenade"concept.  The young lady is worried about her male suitor getting too close to her, and being destroyed when she dies.  She tries to hold him at arm's length to protect him from the fallout left when she dies.

I get that.
Image result for fault in our stars quotes

I know you can relate, Lord.  You, yourself prayed in the garden, with your friends nearby, asking that the cup could pass, if it be God's Will.   

Then he said to them, “My soul is sorrowful even to death.* Remain here and keep watch with me.” He advanced a little and fell prostrate in prayer, saying, “My Father,* if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will.” When he returned to his disciples he found them asleep. He said to Peter, “So you could not keep watch with me for one hour? (Matt, 26)

Of the entire history of ever, YOU would understand the grenade concept.  You knew how the world would change at your death.  You knew how radically different the world would be because of your death and resurrection.  You knew how it would hurt those around you.  Your best friends would be killed because they love you. Even knowing how it would hurt, you still allowed me to be close to you, and for that I am grateful.  

You used this movie to remind me of something very important:


Image result for fault in our stars quotes

Thank you for reminding me that I can't shield my people from the pain of losing me.  If I try to protect them, I'm actually denying them time with me.  Time that's crucial and irreplaceable.

I love you so much,  Jesus!  You are the original grenade, and I wouldn't change one thing.

Love,

Me



No comments:

Post a Comment