Popular Posts

Saturday, February 21, 2015

My birthday just happened....

Dear Lord,

You know it was just my birthday.  You were there when I was knitted together in my mother's womb.  You picked out my crooked smile, and my hazel eyes.  You knew I'd need  a good sense of humor (thanks for that, by the way).  You also knew that one day I'd have a lineage.  I didn't know that way back when I was born.

I thought I might be a religious sister.  I thought it might be easier to live my life for you ONLY and not take a husband and have children.  I still believe it may have been easier, but it wasn't what was in store for me.  I have a husband.  I have wonderful children.  I have grandchildren.  One day, their children will ask about me as part of their history.  I am one link in a long chain of people who are related and connected to each other in love and genetics.

So here I am.  Forty-eight years old, seven kids, two grand kids, two daughters-in-law, a day job I love, and responsibilities I enjoy.  I have tasks to accomplish and people to see, and my birthday just kind of slid up and said hello!  It's been a very surreal day, that started with the kids doing chores with a minimum of resistance, and ended with a bald guy with no front teeth (in a bright yellow tank top) doing the splits at Nob Hill while Someone's Friends (the band) played in the background.

Yep.  Weird, huh?

So, anyways, thanks Lord, for another birthday. I'm sorry for feeling a little off about this year.  I'm thankful for all the birthdays, and I know each day brings me one day closer to our eternity together. I always feel disappointed when I think something is supposed to be all about me. I'm much happier making other people happy, and when it's all about YOU.    

Tomorrow is YOUR day.  Now THAT's something to celebrate!

Much Love!    

No comments:

Post a Comment