Popular Posts

Friday, February 27, 2015

God's Love Song

Beloved, 
I asked Luke, "If I was writing YOU a love letter, what would you want it to say?"  He answered (in classic Swager style) "I love you."

Good idea. 

So, I love you, Lord.
  
And you answer me, with verses from the 4th chapter of the Song of Songs (or Song of Solomon). 
   
How beautiful you are, my friend,
how beautiful you are! 
Your eyes are doves
behind your veil.
And I love you, Lord.  But do you love me? 

Like a scarlet strand, your lips,
and your mouth—lovely!
5 Your breasts are like two fawns,
twins of a gazelle
feeding among the lilies.
7 You are beautiful in every way, my friend,
there is no flaw in you!*

But Lord, sometimes I'm just a hot mess.  But you continue to speak love to me.

9 You have ravished my heart, my sister,* my bride;
you have ravished my heart with one glance of your eyes,
with one bead of your necklace.
10 How beautiful is your love,
my sister, my bride

I feel like, even if I give you ALL of my whole self, my love can not be enough. Every cell of my being wants to be enough for you.   

How much better is your love than wine,
and the fragrance of your perfumes than any spice!

I just want to make you happy, Lord!  I want to be with you every minute of every day.  I want to be held in your loving embrace forever.  I am so blessed to be loved by you!    

11 Your lips drip honey,* my bride,
honey and milk are under your tongue;
And the fragrance of your garments
is like the fragrance of Lebanon.

Thank you for loving me, Lord!  
--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment