Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Being Probed and Monitored

My sweet Lord, 

Tonight's love letter mostly comes from Psalm 139.  David sang it first. It says exactly what I want to say to you tonight.  As you know, I got a new heart monitor today.  

 1 LORD, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. You sift through my travels and my rest;  with all my ways you are familiar.

It's purpose is to pick up the arrhythmia events that my pacemaker doesn't catch, to see how well my heart is really working.  It picked up 13 problem areas in the first three hours.  I knew I was having an "off" heart day, but I'm afraid that it's worse than I am prepared to admit.  Now, here I am, looking for the words to tell you how I feel...

4 Even before a word is on my tongue, LORD, you know it all.

I'm scared, Lord, but you already knew that.  I know I shouldn't be, though, because...

5 Behind and before you encircle me and rest your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, far too lofty for me to reach.

I know I don't really need to worry, because you have this handled.  

13 You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you, because I am wonderfully made; wonderful are your works!
We both know I'll worry a bit anyway. 
My very self you know.
The hard thing is that you already know the plan, while I'm still in the dark.  
15 My bones are not hidden from you, When I was being made in secret, fashioned in the depths of the earth.16 Your eyes saw me unformed;

You already know how I live, and how my story will end. 

in your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be.

So, Lord, please use this monitor to communicate with me.  Tell me what you want me to know.

23 Probe me, God, know my heart; try me, know my thoughts.

Help me to keep my eyes and my trust in you alone.  

24 See if there is a wicked path in me; lead me along an ancient path.

If I am on a wicked path, move me.  Lead me, ever and always, on the path that leads to you! 

Love,

Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment