Popular Posts

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thank you for the answers.

I prayed for answers and Father Chris prayed with me.  I prayed for clarity and peace and acceptance. 

I awoke with peace in my soul.  Fearless, just going to another appointment.  Telling the story one more time about dying, and Colleen being so brave, and Mom and Cheryl and Boo.  I pictured it all again in my mind, although I never saw it the first time.  This time the wave of fear that washed over me was less.  The doctor's surprise at my survival struck me, and gave me clarity.  

I am so blessed to still have a heartbeat.  Even more blessed to have my mind intact.  I can walk, and talk.  I know who my kids are, and they still have me.  I love Luke, and know how hard it has been for him to go through all of this with me.  I've only been shocked a few times, while others get shocked every day.  I saw my selfishness and greed clearly.  I still want more.  I want to dance! I want to run!  I want to live without fear!  But who really does?  Clarity.  What do I really want?  To be whole and alive. I am!  To be heard and appreciated?  I am! (I think.)  To live happily ever after?  I am right now!  And I accept that my life is a gift. 

So I heard the answer.  We may never know why this happened, but it doesn't matter to Dr. Morady.  What can we do to make me fully functional?  If we strike the right balance of medications, I should be able to exercise without issues.  (Which sounds a lot like an answer.) And yes, he has seen some cases like mine.  (Another answer.)  

So now the day is over.  It is peaceful in my soul.  I have heard the only answer that matters.  "Why did this happen to me?"  "Because I love you."  Peace, Clarity, acceptance.  Thank you, Maker,  for all three! 

No comments:

Post a Comment