Popular Posts

Friday, March 25, 2011

Wyoming--WOW!

I'm in Wyoming.  It took a lot to get here.  Late flight, the plane had to be repaired in Denver, rental car problems, we nearly hit an elk...then a rabbit. (No one warned us that the wildlife gets suicidal after midnight!)  We got to our hotel room about 3:30 am Michigan time, but we got to sleep in really late. 

Wyoming is beautiful.  When we finally got to see it in the daylight, it was amazing.  There are mountains on one side of the city, and they look black and snow-covered.  I keep singing, "The hills are alive..." but these hills aren't green, and I would mostly be in a winter coat, and I'd be all out of breath if I tried to run on them, so mostly I just admire them from a distance.  The clouds hang over them in the daytime.   I will post pictures when I get home.  

I've seen Jesus a lot today, and out of respect for the privacy of those involved, I won't divulge the details.  Let's just say that the hospitals are loaded with the Christ-like people who insist on dignity, respect and compassion for all of the people they treat, and I was blessed to be in their presence today.  Really truly blessed.  And I hardly even cried.   

I'm also pretty sure that if Jesus was from Wyoming, he'd probably be a burly guy with a big beard and a pick-up truck, and have the faint scent of beer.  Maybe I'm stereotyping, but there's a lot of that type running around here.  And elk.  Did I mention the elk?    

Blessings to all.  I am mentally, spiritually, and physically exhausted.  Plus there's a 2 hour time difference, so it's really midnight.  

Peace!              

No comments:

Post a Comment