Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Ashes!

It's here!  Lent has begun.  I received my ashes, and my reminder that I am dust.  It's amazing to me that God would take the time to get his hands dirty in the stuff of which I am made.  I can picture Him adding water to the dirt that I am and forming Adam and Eve just so.  Blowing the Spirit of life into that first man, and then that first woman, he knew.  We were still dirt, but he gave us life.  What we do with that life is for us to figure out.  We'll give the dust back when we're done using it.  Until then, I will try to be happy dust. 

This blog is called "Lent to me" because God has lent all kinds of wonderful things to me, for the purpose of learning, growing, and loving him.  Also, I'm writing each day in Lent, so there's that. Sorry today is short.  It's late, and I have a big day tomorrow.  I'll tell you about it later! 

Peace and blessings!  Be a happy pile of dust!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment