Popular Posts

Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Not ME!!!

I went to the doctor today, and I felt like people kept looking at me.  They would kind of glance my way, then look back again, then look straight at me and smile.  It was a little weird.  I thought, "What are you looking at?"  Then one guy in the parking lot stares at me and said, "Sure are beautiful today."  I thought he just had bad grammar, and answered that it sure was, the sun was trying to shine.  He said, "No, YOU are beautiful today."  Wow.  Didn't see that coming.  "You sure are kind to say so." I answered.  He had the nicest Grizzly Adams smile that a long-bearded man ever had. 

Then I had to get groceries, and it was still happening.  Creepy, really.  Then I figured it out.  It wasn't me, I had on a really sparkly shirt.  People love this shirt.  It's pink and has just enough sequins to be interesting, but not enough to be mistaken for Liza Minnelli or anything.  It's one of my favorites.  It's not paranoia if people really are staring at you. 

But that's kind of what God put on my heart today, (so I'm blogging kind of early).  It's not me.  It's not about me, and it never has been.  If it begins to be about me, then I quit.  I took on this writing as a Lenten journey to try to be true to a promise.  I promised to say out loud (via blog) whatever God whispered to the inner sanctum of my heart.  I've tried really hard to stay true to that promise, and true to who he made me to be.  There have been many times when I could have made a joke, or said something silly that came to mind, and it does not appear in the finished product, because my Editor (Creator of the Universe) made me question it. 

He helps me find answers to a lot of things.  His opponent asks me every day if I'm enjoying this process.  He asks me if I'm pleased with my writing and if I like to write, and he just goes on and on and bugs the heck out of me until I say enough!  He tempts me to make it all about me.  Bad News, Devil, I'm not that interesting!  I'm not that good of a writer, but God is.  He writes the best stories, and he allows me to see some of them actually take place.  I just love passing them along, especially if it can be a blessing to someone else. I hope it is, but again, It's not me. I can't bless anyone.  Only God can.

So today I'm willing to openly acknowledge that I have a sparkly, sequin-covered shirt on.  It's distracting the people of Meijers from their shopping.  I hope this blog is a little like that sparkly shirt, and makes you smile at how the light plays with the sequins.  I hope you find it beautiful and uplifting.  I hope you see the True Author's message in it, and not just me.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment