Popular Posts

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My 40th Blog!

That's right.  This is my 40th blog.  We have been doing this for 40 days.  I hope you have enjoyed this journey with me.  I looked back over some of my old blogs the other day.  God has given me quite an adventure.  I've talked about Wyoming, an egg, song lyrics, and the pain of losing a child (twice).  One of my fears about writing is that I would run out of things to say. I know you are laughing, if you know me.  What would THAT be like, right?  Some days I have no idea what I'm going to write, then God turns me in a certain direction, and we're off and running!


 Today is that kind of day.  I have a few thoughts, but it's hard to know what God wants you to do.  I had my class today, and I thought God wanted us to talk about the Crucifixion, but the Matzoh bread was just so interesting, it got us talking for a while.  We still talked about the crucifixion, but it had a very "Matzoh" flavor to it. 


Today is Palm Sunday, and I only got poked in the eye once with a palm frond, so that was good.  We could talk about Palm Sunday, and Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem. When he actually, for a minute, gets some well-deserved respect. 


We can talk about music.  My incredible husband sang the psalm at all three Masses this weekend.  It moves my heart when he sings. I can tell you that he was singing when I fell in love with him.  He sang at his mother's graveside with his brothers and sisters.  Amazing Grace a capella in Swager family harmony softened my heart, and allowed it to consider the possibility of letting myself be loved again.  It moved my heart to a place where I thought I could try to trust this guy with my broken, mangled, heart and my beloved little family (me and my sons.) 


Then he sang to me on our first date.  It was Karaoke night at the club that some friends and I frequented.  He sang Frank Sinatra's "The Lady is a Tramp."  My friends all wanted to take him home, but my heart already belonged to this dear, brave man.  (I only had to THREATEN to scratch someones eyes out.)  He's been with me through so much, and I've been with him through so much. His singing still sounds like angels to me. I know exactly how good I've got it, and I am truly blessed to be Luke's wife. 


I don't know what's going to happen this week.  It is Holy Week, and that's like the greatest roller coaster of emotion of all time!  There are worship opportunities on Tuesday (at the cathedral), Thursday night, Friday afternoon, (which is a holy day of OPPORTUNITY, but NOT obligation!) the vigil Mass Saturday Night, and Easter Sunday morning!  You can praise God all week long!!!  Till your little heart bursts with LOVE for your maker!!!  (Figuratively only, I hope.) 


I only have 7 more blogging days, including Easter Sunday, which is NOT Lent, but why would I do all this pregame, and not blog on Easter? That would be dumb.  Easter is the point of the whole thing!  Why bother even having Christmas if you don't have Easter?  Don't get me wrong, I love them both.  Anyway, I digress.


 I pray that this week will bless you.  Keep the triumphant Jesus in your heart today at work.  Keep singing the Hallelujah, even when things start to go south.  Praise him anyway.  He loves it, and it's good for you. 


Blessings!             

No comments:

Post a Comment