Popular Posts

Friday, April 3, 2015

Easter Vigil

Dear sweet, beloved Lord,

We have arrived.  It is the day that we remember your ultimate sacrifice.  It is the day when we remember your horrible, bloody death. This would be completely devastating if it was the end of the story.  It isn't, because you came back.

You could have just said, "I'm out" at any point, and returned to Heaven and let us be on our own.  Hopeless.  But you didn't.

You came back for me.  You came back for my kids and my friends.  You came back for people who haven't even acknowledged you yet, but you know what their story WILL be.  You came back because you know I can't save myself, and I'm hopeless without you.  You came back because you love me.  You came back to open the door to Heaven for all of us who want to be counted among your friends.  The fact that you loved me enough to continue through the entire crucifixion, KNOWING what was going to happen brings me to tears.  Every. Single. Time.

Tomorrow night will be the finale of the three days.  It is easily my favorite celebration of the year.  (Celebrating Christmas Eve at the Vatican would be the only thing that might top it.) New Christians will be born in the waters of baptism. Brothers and sisters in Christ will taste your body and blood for the first time!

We will celebrate your TRIUMPHANT RETURN!!!      

YeeeeHawwwww!!!

Thank you for loving me so much! I'm excited to go and bask in your loving mercy!!

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment