Popular Posts

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Dying is not enough!

TAFKAP (The Artist Formerly Known as Prince) sang it.  So have lots of other artists.  "I would DIE for you!"  And really, that's great. As a matter of fact, it's the greatest.  "There is no greater love," says the Lord, "than to lay down your life for a friend."  It's true, but is it enough?

Jesus died for us, we've established that.  We've spent the last week celebrating and pondering, and contemplating and reliving it in our imaginations.  He died a horrible, cruel, bloody, barbaric death.  It was brutal before he even got to the cross part.  He laid down his precious life VOLUNTARILY for us, his friends...

Then came the really awesome part!

HE CAME BACK!!! He didn't stay dead.  That wasn't it!  It wasn't the end, it was just the beginning!  He loved us enough to die for us, then he loved us enough to conquer that which threatens to warp and dement and damn our souls, and came back to let us know the job was truly finished! HE CAME BACK!!!

That's what I'm celebrating now!  He loved me enough to die for me and come back with the gift of eternal life!  Now it's my turn to do the loving!  Now it's my turn to die for him (to my crappy, selfish, sinful life) and come back for him!  It's time for me to live for Him and let everyone around me know that Jesus finished the job, and what's left to do now is to spread the love God surrounds us with.

Happy Easter!  I gotta go Live for Him!      

No comments:

Post a Comment