Here we go! Getting packed, and making sure everything is set. Every night, before bed I give my kids a blessing on their forehead. "God Bless you all night long, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.", then I make the sign of the Cross, kiss my hand and smack them in the head so the kiss sticks. It's a weird tradition, but they don't go to bed without it.
So, how will they sleep while I'm gone? I make them paper blessings for when I'm gone. It says the same words, and has my lipstick kiss on the paper. Paper blessings, for when I can't bless them in person.
Maybe that's what the Bible is. Go read your paper blessing, and know you are loved...and Blessed.
Years ago I told God I would blog whatever he'd like me to say for Lent. Those blogs are still here, along with a few others. I hope He uses my words to abundantly bless you, and fill you with LOVE!!!
Popular Posts
-
In the Apostles Creed, we say we believe in forgiveness, but do you? Really? You’ve read all the Bible stories about Jesus forgiving peopl...
-
Blessed Holy Spirit, You are the breath that makes me real. You are the wind of creation that blew over the waters at the Dawn of Cre...
-
I don't feel well today. I dropped the kids off at school and came home and laid on the couch. I slept until 1:15. I hate feeling off...
No comments:
Post a Comment